Saturday, March 26, 2011

How much debt do I have? (Mar 11)


In Jan 11, I had recalculated my total debt which is totally from the mortgage loan of my flat to be $29K. The calculation is based on using the outstanding housing loan amount minus away my total family CPF OA amount.

Today I have recalculated my total debt again, and the total debt has greatly reduced by $4k to $25k. The big reduction is contributed mainly from the bonus and the dividends from my shares. In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to reduce my total debt to $0 within the next five years and I think it is achievable in less than five years.

3 comments:

Createwealth8888 said...

Congratulations of becoming debt-free soon

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Congratulations to you.Stick to debt-free strategy and you will find out to your own surprise that you accumulate wealth much faster than you plan. Believe me, I don't really have a plan, i just know that i must be debt free as soon as possible, and i am surprised at the "end of the day". Ha! Ha!

Cory said...

Well done.Peace of mind is important and also an obligation to your family. So that you can run faster later.

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?