Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spending a lot of money for the past one year

My family had decided not to go for a holiday last year as there were many natural disasters (flood, earthquake etc) that had occurred in many places.

With this extra "budgeted holiday money" ($10k), I have bought the following things or services:
1) Netbook $650 (Aug 2011)
2) XBox 360 with kinect $500 (Oct 2011)
3) Epi-Lasik Treatment $4000 (Dec 2011)
4) 50" Full HD Plasma TV $1150 (Feb 2012)
5) MacBook Pro 13" $2000 (Mar 2012)

Total: $8300

My next purchase: 2 x iPhone 4S plus battery cases (April 12).

Please note that I am not a super saver to the extent that I will save every dollars and cents. Money that is budgeted to be spent, I will spend it without any hesitation.

3 comments:

SmartPassiveCashFlow said...

Good to balance life in having some money for spending. What needs to be spent have to be spent. Cheers!!

Createwealth8888 said...

I also strongly advocate budgetting so that we won't over-save and under-spend.

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi SmartPassiveCashFlow and Createwealth8888,

Both of you are right. Don't under-spend and over-save. And also don't under-save and over-spend.

Regards,
Freedom Achiever

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?