Saturday, May 12, 2012

What is the buy price of my current stocks after incorporating all realized gain/loss and dividends?

For those who have been visiting my share investment blog might know that so far I have gotten $17580.92 worth of dividend and $ 17785 worth of realized gain. So overall, my return is $35365.92 for the last two and a half year.

Currently I am holding stocks from four different companies and in total I have paid $128100. By taking away $35365.92 which comes from my overall return, I am only paying $92734.08 ($128100 – $35365.92) for my current holdings. This is around 72.4% ($92734.08*100/$128100) of $128100.

To see what the buy prices of my current stocks are after incorporating my overall gain, I use 72.4% to multiply by all my stock buy prices. The result is shown in the table below.
I personally feel that this method of calculating the buy price will result in clearer view whether I am making money in the stock market or not.

2 comments:

SmartPassiveCashFlow said...

An impressive gain on dividends and capital gain on your stocks. Give it 2 more rounds of dividends and gain, and you will have gotten your stocks for free. Cheers!!

Integrated Solutions said...

A recent Credit Suisse study shows, dividend paying equities have outperformed non-dividend paying equities over long time horizons and have generally achieved this outperformance with lower overall levels of volatility!



asx dividend dates

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?

There was an error in this gadget