Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Closed my CFD account today

Today I am on leave, so I make a trip to one of the Philip branches to have my CFD account closed. The reason why I close the account is because I don't see myself as a trader any more. So I do not need an instrument to do shorting, contraring and leveraging.

If you are not familiar with what is CFD, you may google "CFD account" to find out more.

I also go to the POSB bank to activate the link for CPF Investment account in my ATM card. I have transferred that unused amount (about 10k) from CPF Investment account back to my CPF. Why do I need to do that? I have recently read a blog post @ http://sti-stocksinfo.blogspot.com/2009/08/calculating-cpf-interests.html

Based on the blog explanation, CPF interest is calculated monthly and not yearly. So if I transfer back the money back to the CPF account, I will get more interest next month as compared to leaving it in the CPF investment account.

If you are interested to find out more about CPF investment, you may google "CPFIS" or "CPF Investment Account".

2 comments:

Createwealth8888 said...

Your bank should auto transfer any idle cash balance in your investment account back to CPF OA after x days.

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi Createwealth8888,

It will take 2 months for auto transfer.

Regards
Freedom Achiever

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?