Saturday, November 21, 2009

Choosing the best value chicken rice in my town



In my town, there are a lot of chicken rice store around. I have listed 4 chicken rice stores and their prices in the above diagram.

For coffee shop A, it is only 1 minute away from my house, but price of the chicken rice will cost 66.67% more as compared to the cheapest price in town.

For coffee shop B, it takes me 2 more extra minutes to walk as compared to the coffee shop A. The price of the chicken rice is 33.33% more as compared to the cheapest price in town.

For coffee shop C, its chicken rice price is the cheapest in town. But it will take me 5 minutes to walk and there are less meat in the chicken rice.

For Food court, it will make me to walk the most and cost me the most as compare to other coffee shop.

After the comparison, I declared that coffee shop B has the best value. Walking a bit more to save an extra $0.50 is definitely more worthwhile to me. Just to highlight a point here, cheaper doesn't mean better value.

My choice is inlined with My Cash Flow Framework , under Expenses(Reduce Liabilities).

No comments:

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?