Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My stock strategy from now till 2010

On 16 Nov 09, I have placed my last position, and my holdings are as below:

5 lots of Singtel (CPF) ==> Confirmed dividends of $310 (Dec 09)
4 lots of STI ETF (CPF) ==> No confirmation yet.
5 lots of SingTel (Cash) ==> Confirmed dividends of $310 (Dec 09)
15 lots of SingPost (Cash) ==>Confirmed dividends of $187.50 (Nov 09)

My stock strategies are as below:
If Singtel reaches $3.50, I will sell 5 lots of SingTel(Cash)
If Singtel reaches $4.00, I will sell 5 lots of SingTel(CPF)
If Singtel reaches $2.65, I will buy another 2 lots of Singtel using Cash.

If SingPost reaches $1.25, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $1.50, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $1.75, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $0.90, I will buy 5 lots.

If DBS reaches $12.50, I will buy 1 lot.

If none of the prices as above are reached, I will keep all stocks for dividends.

For ETF, I have no plan to buy in more or sell away in the near future.

Please take note that I am applying my rule No. 1, which is I do not try to predict the future. So I have planned for both market directions. I am also applying my rule No.3 which is "It's far better for other to buy an overvalued stock from you, than you buy an overvalued stock from other".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How about SIM LIAN GROUP LIMITED?

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi,

I am avoiding all the property stocks (except for REIT) as they are highly speculative and normally do not give good dividends. Hence I have no comments for your question.

Regards

bRaVo-Y2K said...

what about Genting?

i have watched it from 0.8 till 1.10+ now
Issit too late to buy?

- since the famed IR is opening up soon, the hype (be it educated or uneducated noise) will start soon.

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi,

Genting has not been giving dividends but keep issuing rights these few years. This stock is not suitable for me.

Regards

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?