Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reducing my expenses without affecting my quality of life

Under the expenses in My Cash Flow Framework, there are two items. One is identified necessities and another portion is reduces liabilities. Now it is time for me to check on these two items. I will see whether I can reduce my expenses without affecting my quality of life.

I will start in looking into my groceries list and see is there any thing that I can do to reduce the cost. I will
  • Check whether is there any cheaper products that can perform equally well or even better than the current products that I always buy.
  • Is there other places that offer better price for current products that I buy.
  • Is there any unneccessary items that I will not need in my groceries list.

Another thing that I will look into is how I spend my money on food and drink. I always know that going out for meals in Singapore is always very expensive. For example, soft drink in coffeeshop will cost $1 plus. I found it ridiculous, as a can of coke from supermart is only $0.60. And also a plate of chicken rice in food court will simply cost $3.50, whereas some coffeeshop only sells it for $2.00.

I have no target in the amount of money to save, but if I can acheive to save $20 per month it is already very good. Saving $20 per month is like increasing your passive income by $20. In order to increase your passive income by $20, I need to invest $4800 which give me a return of 5% per year. So which is easiler, reduce your cost of living or increase your passive income?

2 comments:

ZhuKoLiang said...

Your post:
Saving $20 per month is like increasing your passive income by $20. In order to increase your passive income by $20, I need to invest $4800 which give me a return of 5% per year. So which is easiler, reduce your cost of living or increase your passive income?

My reply:
U really really really think the same as me....!!!!!!!! I have been telling many people about this for the past couple of years!!... Is it u copy me? =P

Anyway, i like your blog very very much until i read your blog everyday!

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi ZhuKoLiang,

Bright mind thinks alike. Thank for reading my blog. :)

Regards
Freedom Achiever

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?