Friday, November 27, 2009

My stock strategy from now till 2010 (Updated on 27 Nov 09)

My current holding is as below:
5 lots of Singtel (CPF) ==> Confirmed dividends of $310 (Dec 09)
5 lots of SingTel (Cash) ==> Confirmed dividends of $310 (Dec 09)
15 lots of SingPost (Cash) ==>Confirmed dividends of $187.50 (Nov 09)
25 lots of Cambridge (Cash)

My strategies:
My stock strategies are as below:
If Singtel reaches $3.50, I will sell 5 lots of SingTel(CPF)
If Singtel reaches $4.00, I will sell 5 lots of SingTel(Cash)
If Singtel reaches $2.65, I will buy another 2 lots of Singtel using Cash.

If SingPost reaches $1.25, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $1.50, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $1.75, I will sell 5 lots.
If SingPost reaches $0.90, I will buy 5 lots.

If Cambridges reaches $0.70, I will sell 10 lots.
If Cambridges reaches $0.90, I will sell 15 lots.

If DBS reaches $12.50, I will buy 1 lot.

If none of the prices as above are reached, I will keep all stocks for dividends.

Please take note that I am applying my rule No. 1, which is I do not try to predict the future. So I have planned for both market directions. I am also applying my rule No.3 which is "It's far better for other to buy an overvalued stock from you, rather than you buy an overvalued stock from other".

3 comments:

ZhuKoLiang said...

hi,

my opinion is only 4or5 stocks dun look so diversified.. ya?

Freedom Achiever said...

Hi,

As long as these stocks give regular dividends and fundamentally strong, there is no need to diversified too much.

Regards
Freedom Achiever

ZhuKoLiang said...

how about 1 or 2 foreign ETFs, such as China ETF?

or maybe 5% of your portfolio from some other assets like bonds? etc...

I do think a bit too concentrated.

Long long ago, people also think lehman is fundamentally strong bank..

in 1997, financial crisis sparked off from thailand.

i am not surprise if any crisis starts from sinkieland first.

Just my opinion. =)

Have you started your journey towards financial freedom?